Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Big Dream!

I think most of us have jobs that we tolerate or are content with, but wouldn't it be nice if we did something we loved!?! My friend Theresa has a studio and gets to do the things she really enjoys, painting, teaching, batiking, crochet, and not to mention playing rummy with me! My BIG DREAM is to own my own cross stitch shope. When I first starting stitching there was a store in a little near by town called The Peach Basket. It was the neatest store I had ever seen and none have really matched it since then. The owner had probably a dozen cabinets that were made like card display cabinets-tiered. There was row after row of every kinds of pattern: seasonal, jobs, hobbies, flowers, animals and anything else you could think of....
Then her husband would do the framing! They were such sweet people-never knew their names, but it didn't seem to matter-I was a STITCHER!!! That time started my dream!
Grace to All, Becky

8 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Becky
Charlie told me about your blog so I came over to say hello! I'm a fairly new blogger also, and I've been learning a lot, and meeting a lot of nice people since I started.
Having a craft store like you described would be a dream! Where I live there aren't any craft stores at all -- not even a Michaels -- thank goodness for the internet and online stores and catalogs.
I hope you do get to open your own store someday --
Keep the dream alive! Pat

Monique Kleinhans said...

I love your DREAM! (being a quilter myself, I understand the love and joy of creating with textiles)

I wish you tons of love and support as you follow this dream and let it take flight!

And welcome to the blog world! I just started mine last year, and I've met so many wonderful people and read some beautiful insightful things. Gives me hope for unity and community across our world yet!

GreenishLady said...

I saw you comment somewhere on a One World One Heart giveaway that you are a new blogger, so thought I'd come by and say hello and Welcome to Blogland. I'm giving away a little book of poems if you'd like to enter.

And everybody should have a dream. I like your dream. I visited a few wonderful yarn shops during a visit to the States last year, and I love the enthusiasm for craft you meet in those places.

Our Hands For Hope said...

Welcome to blogland Becky, I'm new too. You know God has a way of honoring our passions and purposes He has gifted us for. May this be yours and may He bless it.
Terisa
www.sabiiwabii.blogspot.com

scrappysue said...

welcome to blogging becky from sue in new zealand

Kara said...

thanks for popping by my blog, great to see a new blog lady
kara
x

Brenda said...

Hi Becky, welcome to the world of blogging. Isn't it addicting? I new myself. I look forward to reading your blogs. Have a great day! Brenda

Brenda said...

ok, grammer check...I'M new myself...is what I meant! :)